About Assure Hedge
With offices in London, Dublin, and Portugal, we are disrupting and transforming a significant part of one of the biggest markets in the World – foreign currency hedging.
We are innovating, modernising, and reinventing an antiquated and broken marketplace for some of the essential financial risk management products that everyday businesses need to manage their currency risk exposure.
Assure Hedge is leading innovation and digitisation and in turn, is cultivating a completely transformative OTC hedging platform and marketplace for FX Brokers and financial institutions (London and Europe).
Our company is financially regulated as a MiFID firm (European Investment Firm) and as such can create the OTC hedging instrument as a principal. The firm is also authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to hold client funds.
We are searching for a Backend Developer to support our Tech Team based in Coimbra in Portugal and Dublin in Ireland in delivering Java based micro-services which are the building block of the API that supports our cutting edge tech products.
This candidate, which must have good communications skills in English, should be an expert in Java and have experience with backend frameworks such as Spring Boot, Play or Java EE.
The candidate will need to:
- Have a BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Backend Developer or similar role
- Highly proficient in Java programming language
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Experience with databases and ORMs
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working in development teams
- Full fluency in English, both written and spoken, is an absolute requirement of this role as all communication is through English
In their daily activities, the candidate will need to:
- Read, analyse, and understand the requirements documentation for each of the software features
- Develop Backend micro-services using Java Spring Boot
- Build modular and reusable components and libraries
- Optimize code for performance
- Keep an eye on the security aspects of the micro-services
- Perform code reviews of micro-services, components or libraries developed by other team members
- Address any defects identified in the developed micro-services
- Attend and provide input in all Scrum meetings
Experience with the following tools is a plus:
- Java Spring Boot
- Databases with JPA
- REST APIs with Json
- Experience with AWS Cloud Provider
- Experience with JUnit and/or other unit testing framework
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Azure DevOps or Jira Software for defect tracking, ticket logging and bug tracking
Ultimately, this person will help Assure Hedge to ensure that our software products are fit for purpose, reliable, secure, and easy to use.
If you’re interested in this position, send us your CV at email@example.com.