The Business Analyst (BA) bridges the gap between IT and the business by understanding the needs of the business stakeholders and translating them into requirements that IT can use to develop solutions.
Assure Hedge is an innovative, award-winning, and dual-regulated FX hedging technology company. We are a fast-growing business with offices in Dublin, London and Portugal that has undergone a big change over the last year on the back of a large funding round. We build technology to simplify hedging, specialising in providing a full suite of products that are distributed through our partner channels to SME’s.
Our mission is to use technology to bring essential financial risk management products that everyday businesses need, in a way that’s easy for them to understand.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and document business requirements through various forms of elicitation.
- Create and maintain project documentation, including business requirements documents, process flows, and user stories.
- Own the vision for the business value a project delivers.
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and the IT team, ensuring that all requirements are understood and properly translated into technical solutions.
- Maintaining a requirements’ catalogue to avoid scope deviation and have experience of requirements management tools e.g. Confluence, Jira;
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among project stakeholders, including business users, IT, and project team members.
- Excellent stakeholder management/communication skills.
- Support testing and implementation of solutions.
- Work closely with the UX lead to develop complimentary design solutions
- Ability to articulate complicated messages succinctly
- Managing competing stakeholders and sponsors
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle, including experience with requirements gathering, testing, and implementation.
- An understanding of the core product sets and functional capabilities
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (g. Finance, Engineering)
- Knowledge of FX and derivatives
- Knowledge of API’s
Experience with the following tools is a plus:
If you’re interested in this position, please apply for the vacancy via our HR platform, BambooHR: https://assurehedge.bamboohr.com/careers/36?source=aWQ9MjI%3D.