Business Development Manager
Assure Hedge Limited
Reporting into the Sales Manager, this vital London-based role is critical as we expand and manage our network of customers using our regulated technology and trading desk, with a focus on UK based currency brokers, European money service businesses and fintechs. You will be responsible for delivering against unit and revenue attainment as well as working with the wider team to penetrate the UK market for partnership opportunities and establish Assure Hedge, our hedging solutions and our technology.
Assure Hedge is an innovative, award-winning, and dual-regulated FX hedging technology company. We are a fast-growing business with offices in Dublin, London and Portugal that has undergone a big change over the last year on the back of a large funding round. We build technology to simplify hedging, specialising in providing a full suite of products that are distributed through our partner channels to SME’s.
Our mission is to use technology to bring essential financial risk management products that everyday businesses need, in a way that’s easy for them to understand.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver against revenue targets on a monthly basis
- Build relationships with new brokers in the UK and across Europe
- Attend meetings and, where necessary, trade shows to develop your pipeline of new and existing prospects
- Help to develop and execute strategic sales plans to achieve business objectives
- Account management is key with a detailed approach to ensure the partner broker has everything they need
- Contribute to the Go-To-Market strategy for UK brokers; work with the tech and trading teams to deliver against this
- Maximise revenue generation from our partner’s customer who are hedging through Assure Hedge’s trading desk
- Diligently report on performance against targets
- Identify new opportunities to enhance the product offering and feed this back into the business
- Minimum of 2+ years of business development experience, preferably in a financial or multi-national environment.
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in business development / new business development.
- Revenue attainment – meet targets set out in the agreed sales plan.
- Structured, repeatable and reliable sales methodology to plan and develop sales to our target customers.
- Outstanding relationship building skills, internally and with clients based on trust and reliability.
- Excellent negotiation skills to secure a profitable contract is a must.
- Energetic and collaborative team player who feeds off delivering results and is also able to lead by example in a team of some junior sales execs.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity when working on projects, we often don’t have time for hand holding and need people to lead the change.
- Superior communication skills – with the ability to evangelise new products and technologies and speak fluidly to influence decision makers positively.
- Will be managing accounts between sales/credit/compliance/legal and trading, therefore an understanding of each department will be imperative during the sales process.
- Presentation skills for live demos and meetings with clients/partners, as well as across the business when delivering new ideas or tech solutions to grow the team.
- An extensive understanding of spot/forward and vanilla options. A willingness to learn and expand knowledge on the finance/tech space further
- A natural leader, someone who can lead from the front and guide the team to achieve new heights. Potentially someone who has worked in a senior sales role before.
- Someone who has delivered presentations or meetings/demos in person or has experience of the same.
- Someone looking to step into a management role as they will be a senior member of the Sales team in this role.
- An individual who has trained staff previously or wishes to be in a position to do so. Someone who thrives on new responsibilities and will engage with their manager to build a team for even further growth.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply for the vacancy via our HR platform, BambooHR: https://assurehedge.bamboohr.com/careers/27?source=aWQ9MTU%3D