About Assure Hedge
With offices in London, Dublin, and Portugal, we are disrupting and transforming a significant part of one of the biggest markets in the world – foreign currency hedging.
We are innovating, modernising, and reinventing a $4.6 trillion per day antiquated marketplace for some of the essential financial risk management products that everyday businesses need to manage their currency risk exposure. Assure Hedge has a very important reason for its existence.
Assure Hedge is leading innovation and digitisation and in turn, is cultivating a completely transformative OTC hedging platform and marketplace for FX Brokers and financial institutions (London and Europe).
Our company is regulated as a MiFID firm and as such can create the OTC hedging instrument as a principal. The firm is also authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as a payments firm and to hold client funds.
We are searching for an IT Support Engineer to help our Tech Team based in Coimbra, Portugal and Dublin, Ireland in managing the support requests to the IT products built in-house.
The candidate will need to:
- Have a BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience in technical support / IT support or similar roles
- Highly proficient in the Linux / Unix systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong client-facing skills
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with databases
- Full fluency in English, both written and spoken, is an absolute requirement of this role as all communication is through English
In their daily activities, the candidate will need to:
- Take ownership of the customer issues reported in the support channels
- See customer issues all the way through resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Interact with the tech and product teams to analyse issues and possible resolutions
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams and stakeholders
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate timely reports
- Follow SLAs for issues with respect to severity
Experience with the following tools is a plus:
- Jira Service Desk
- Jira Software
- Linux / Unix command line
- AWS Cloud Provider
- REST APIs with Json
Ultimately, this person will help Assure Hedge to ensure that our clients have the best possible support while using our software products.
If you’re interested in this position, send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.