About Assure Hedge
With offices in London, Dublin, and Portugal, we are disrupting and transforming a significant part of one of the biggest markets in the World – foreign currency hedging.
We are innovating, modernising, and reinventing an antiquated and broken marketplace for some of the essential financial risk management products that everyday businesses need to manage their currency risk exposure.
Assure Hedge is leading innovation and digitisation and in turn, is cultivating a completely transformative OTC hedging platform and marketplace for FX Brokers and financial institutions (London and Europe).
Our company is financially regulated as a MiFID firm (European Investment Firm) and as such can create the OTC hedging instrument as a principal. The firm is also authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to hold client funds.
We are searching for a Systems Security Engineer to help our Teams based in Coimbra, Portugal and Dublin, Ireland in make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
The candidate will need to:
- Have a BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience in System Security or Information Security or similar roles
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Proficiency in gathering and analysing information
- Full fluency in English, both written and spoken, is an absolute requirement of this role as all communication is through English
In their daily activities, the candidate will need to:
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Take ownership of the reported security issues
- See security issues all the way through resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve security issues
- Interact with the tech and product teams to analyse security issues and possible resolutions
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams and stakeholders
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
Experience with the following tools is a plus:
- Jira Service Desk
- Jira Software
- Linux / Unix command line
- AWS Cloud Provider
- Microsoft Office 365
Ultimately, this person will help Assure Hedge to ensure that our clients have a secure and trustworthy software platform from where they can book hedges and payments.
If you’re interested in this position, send us your CV at email@example.com.